Thursday, February 20, 2014

Easy Chicken Quesadillas

Start by dicing boneless, skinless chicken breasts into bite-size pieces. I sprinkled my chicken with a garlic sea salt combination. Saute the the chicken in olive oil until fully cooked. 
The worst part about quesadillas is trying to flip them while they cook. So, using a trick I learned from my mom, I only use one tortilla at at time. I spread half of a tortilla shell with salsa. Place cooked, diced chicken on top of that.

Sprinkle with cheese. (I usually use a combination of mozzarella and sharp cheddar.) For added flavor, I also added cooked bacon pieces.  

Fold over the top of the shell. Spray a saute pan with cooking spray. Cook on medium-high heat. While the first side is browning, spray the top of the tortilla with cooking spray. (When you make quesadillas this way, it is so much easier to flip and the ingredients don't fall out of the shell.) 

Brown both sides and cut into triangles. Serve with salsa, sour cream, and/or ranch. 


No comments:

Post a Comment