Sunday, September 28, 2014

Simple, Small Wedding Cake

This is a very simple wedding cake that went together very quickly. 

I used two 9-inch cakes (leveled off) for the bottom. 

Then, using another cake mix, I made an 8-inch cake and a heart-shape cake. I placed the 8-inch cake on top of the two 9-inch cakes to make the bottom taller. Then I placed the heart cake on top. 

I used a basic frosting recipe my aunt has used for years to decorate her cakes. (1 cup of crisco, 4 cups of powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 4-5 Tablespoons of milk) I made a double batch of frosting for this cake and had some leftover. 

I used a very large star tip for the swirl decorartion on the bottom. I used a smaller star tip to fill in the openings. Then I used a larger circle tip to place dots on the sides of the heart cake and to make a border around the bottom of the heart. 

I used a small line tip to draw on the R for the top. 



No comments:

Post a Comment