Monday, March 7, 2022

Cardboard Mario Playset

We decided to create a Mario playset out of cardboard for our annual Mario Day party this week. I used three shoe boxes to create the three stories. I used construction paper to cover the boxes and create a background. I bought some green cups from the dollar store to make the tunnels, added some foam cutouts of clouds and hills, and created the other 3-D pieces from cardboard and a foam block. The mini characters can even go down through the tunnels (toilet and paper towel rolls painted). I had some Mario coins that I added to the foam blocks as well and made the flag pole out of a dowel rod. The castle is just painted on the background of the top layer. 

I hot glued the layers together after I cut holes in the boxes to run the tunnels through. 


No comments:

Post a Comment