Thursday, February 3, 2022

Winter Olympic Party

 

We started with these baked donut rings. I mixed 1 cup flour, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, I mixed 2 Tbsp melted butter, 1 egg, 1/3 cup milk, and 1 tsp vanilla. I added the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mixed until it was just incorporated. (Don't overmix). I put the batter in a Ziploc bag, cut off a corner of the bag, and piped the batter in a 6 piece donut pan that I greased first. Bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees. Then I made some glaze (1 cup powdered sugar, 2 Tbsp milk, 1/2 tsp vanilla) Dip the donuts in the glaze and add sprinkles. 

We made bobsleds out of cups.
I made a hockey rink in a tin container. I used a sharpie to draw on the red and blue marks. I covered the white paper with wax paper and then froze the entire thing. The hockey sticks were made from large popsicle sticks and tape. I made the goals out of pipe cleaners. The puck is a button.

For the medals, I mixed 1 cup baking soda and 1/2 cup cornstarch in a saucepan. I added a little less than 3/4 cup water and stirred. Turn the heat on medium and stir for about 5 minutes, or until it is a play dough consistency. Put the dough on the table and let it cool until you can knead it with your hands. When it is cool, roll it out with a rolling pin and cut using a cookie cutter. We made designs in the dough at this stage too. I used a straw to make rings and cut a hole in the top for ribbon. We also carved out 1, 2, and 3 and USA on some of them. I let them dry on the counter overnight. 

We painted the dried medals. I ended up using two pipe cleaners to use as a ribbon. 
We finished the party by doing some sledding...
and for a warmer competition, we played Wii Sports.






No comments:

Post a Comment