Saturday, January 15, 2022

Encanto Cardboard Playhouse

We love everything Lin Manuel Miranda does, so I knew Encanto was going to be a favorite at our house. Rachel really wanted the Encanto playhouse set, but...it is $80, so I bought the $20 figurine set and decided to come up with an alternative playset. Plus this project was something we could build together and she could make her own. She wanted to make sure every character had a room, and we decided that adding Bruno's secret hideaway was also very important. Almost everything is made from cardboard boxes and scrapbook paper. I did have a sticky tile left and some cardboard looking contact paper that I also used, but we managed to build this with supplies we had already. 
This is where the tunnel in Bruno's tower leads to. (There is a candle in the window of Abuela's window.)
There is also a hole under the blue flap that goes into the kitchen on the other side. 

This is the box I started out with. I used the contact paper shown to cover all of the "floor" areas of the house. 
I added some other boxes to the top for the third floor. A sticky tile was placed on the courtyard floor to make that a different floor covering. 
I hot glued scrapbook paper to the room dividers. Rachel picked out all of the designs she wanted for each character's room. 
I hot glued the dividers onto the floor and then glued it into place in the box. 

Then I added another box to the back to create Bruno's secret hideaway. 

After all of the rooms were covered...

No comments:

Post a Comment