Sunday, May 29, 2022

Kentucky Derby Party with Charcuterie Board

 

I had a lot of fun putting together this racetrack charcuterie board for the Kentucky Derby. I made hot brown dip (in the number 2 slot) and derby pie dip (in slot 5). The numbers are homemade marshmallow that I cut using number cookie cutters. 

We also made our own "hats" too. I took a hair clip and just started hot gluing pieces of tulle, feathers, and flowers that I got at the Dollar Tree. 
We also made virgin mint juleps. I made a simple syrup by combining 2 cups water with 2 cups sugar and about 8 mint leaves. Let that boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves. Cool the syrup in the refrigerator. Add about 1/4 cup syrup to crushed ice and about 1/2 cup ginger ale. 




No comments:

Post a Comment