Saturday, August 8, 2015

Inside Out Birthday Party and Cake

Rachel saw the movie Inside Out and loved it! She liked it so much that she decided she would like an Inside Out birthday party. We wanted to create headquarters for her cake. This is what I came up with...Having the Inside Out characters made the cake a lot easier! I just did two 10 inch round cakes for the middle. I covered a little cardboard box with fondant and used that as the console. I added fondant controls and a memory ball to the console. The circles on the cake are fondant as well. The walls of headquarters are made from rice krispie treats that I molded and covered with fondant. It is hard to see, but the back wall has five window cutouts for the five islands. I made memory balls from fondant and stuck them on the walls. Then we made the little couch that sits in headquarters and stuck Sadness over there. 
The Inside Out photo board was a huge hit. All the kids had a great time with it. 


Using water beads, I made a sensory box of "memory ball" for the kids to play with. They had a blast with this! 

I was able to find a lot of free printables online. These two websites in particular were great: http://www.mrskathyking.com/free-inside-out-printable-party-decoration-pack/
http://www.mrskathyking.com/17-free-inside-out-printable-activites/

I found little Inside Out reusable bags on Amazon. I used those as little gift bags for Rachel's friends. I added a coloring book to the bag, stickers, candy that was the color of the 5 emotions, and  laminated door hangers and activity sheets that I laminated for dry erase use. I found Inside Out cups at Walmart that decorated the table as well. Then we added balloons the color of the five emotions to the chairs. 


The party would not have been complete without vegetable pizza! (For the broccoli pizza comment the kids love from the movie!)  This is just a package of crescent rolls pressed flat in a baking pan. Bake for about 8 minutes. Mix a package of Hidden Valley Ranch dip and sour cream. Spread that on the cooled crescent roll. Then added chopped veggies. Here I have broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots. I did fruit kabobs that were the five colors of the emotions (green grapes, purple grapes, blueberries, strawberries, and pineapple).


I also found these little pictures of the emotions online at the website above. I laminated them and hot glued them to a lollipop stick. 


No comments:

Post a Comment