Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Perfect Cupcake Frosting

My mom perfected this frosting recipe and passed it on to me. I am not a huge frosting fan, but this combination is absolutely divine. I won't make another frosting again. It works great for getting the perfect cupcake swirl as well. I made a wedding dress cupcake cake last weekend and Memorial Day cupcakes this weekend with the frosting.

The recipe:
1 8oz package of cream cheese
1 stick of butter
3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
8oz cool whip
 

Whip cream cheese and butter together with a mixer.
Add vanilla and powdered sugar (one cup at a time) Whip together.

 
Add cool whip and mix on low-medium speed until light and fluffy.

 
Using a large star tip, pipe frosting on cupcakes. (I just used a ziplock bag with the tip pushed through one corner of the bag.) These cupcakes are great for Memorial Day or 4th of July. I dipped half of a strawberry in melted white chocolate and dipped the tip into blue decorating sugar and placed the berry on top of the cupcakes.

This frosting made a great wedding dress cupcake cake. The frosting maintained its shape and texture all afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment