Sunday, January 17, 2016

Little House on the Prairie House and Peg Dolls

I have been reading a chapter out of the Little House on the Prairie books most nights to the kids. They love the books, and I love rereading the books that filled my childhood. 

I found a huge pile of Lincoln Logs just collecting dust in the boys' closet, so I decided to turn them into a model of the little house on the prairie. I got out the hot glue gun and started building. I had to make do with the sizes of log that I had, but I think it turned out pretty well.  The roof is actually the green flat pieces that come with Lincoln logs. I painted them with brown acrylic paint and hot glued them together. All of the other furniture is made from small and regular size Popsicle sticks. The loft is a piece of cardboard covered with some cork-board scrapbook paper I had. 
I bought a peg doll Nativity set after Christmas in the clearance at Hobby Lobby. I used five of the dolls from there to make the Little House characters. I used a pencil to sketch the clothing and face designs on each doll. Then I colored them in with Sharpie. I used white acrylic paint for the final touches on the girls' dresses. 

All of the furniture is Popsicle sticks hot glued together. 

I used a couple of pieces of cardboard to finish the peaks in the roof. 
The fireplace and kettle are all made from felt and hot glued to the house. 
Rachel had to make sure we had a crib and high chair for baby Carrie. Baby Grace will be added when we get that far in the series. 





No comments:

Post a Comment