Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Gingerbread Man Hunt

One of our daily Christmas activities was a gingerbread man hunt. At the end of the hunt, the kids were led to gingerbread cookie dough and supplies to make a gingerbread man book. 

Here are the clues: 
1. Run, run, as fast as you can; you can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man! Follow the clues to catch him! 
2. (was with number 1) I was in the kitchen, but not anymore. I may be caught running by the back door. 
3. Oh you are just seconds too slow. Try finding me where Yoda's light saber will glow. 
4. Oh darn, you are just missing me...Maybe I'm in the Christmas tree! 
5. Nope, not hiding in here. Maybe I'm by the bathroom mirror. 
6. Now I'm running out of steam...I'll be waiting where you store the whipped cream. 

The book cover is made from construction paper and wax paper. The kids decorated their own gingerbread puppet to place in the oven. 


The oven door opens so the gingerbread man can stay stored there until the story is read. 
I stapled paper to the cover and the kids wrote a story for the gingerbread man. 
Page 1: Run, Run, as fast as you can. You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man. 
Page 2:The gingerbread man ran over a hill. 
Page 3: The gingerbread man ran up a tree.
Page 4: The gingerbread man ran into a barn
Page 5: The gingerbread man ran by a lake.
Page 6: The gingerbread man on top of a fox's back. The fox said, "Come a little closer, I  can't hear you." Run, Gingerbread Man, run! 
Full book details can be found on: http://fun-a-day.com/book-making-the-gingerbread-man/



No comments:

Post a Comment