Monday, February 19, 2018

Stuffed Animal Bean Bag Cover

I wanted to make a bean bag for the kids' rooms, but wasn't sure how I wanted to stuff them. While looking around on Pinterest, I saw some people were buying bean bag covers and filling them with stuffed animals. We have a major stuffed animal problem, so I thought this was an idea worth trying!

I cut 6 squares, each measuring 20"x 20". For this bean bag cover, I used three different colors of fabric. I put 4 of the squares on the ground and pinned the sides together. I then sewed the pieces together. 
I added the 5th square of fabric to the sides (this will be the bottom of the bean bag).

Sew the other two side panels to the bottom panel. 

Then sew on the top panel. 

I added a piece of velcro to the bottom panel.

The other side of the velco was sewn to a side panel. This is where you will add your stuffed animals.

I then sewed the rest of the cube together. I reinforced the corners by sewing diagonally through them. 

Then flip your fabric right-side out and stuff with your stuffed animals. Close the velcro and you have a new seat! (and no clutter!) 

All of these animals fit inside this 20x20 cover. You could make the bean bag cover any size you want. 

Here is the finished product. I ended up putting an old blanket in first so it was smooth on the top. 



No comments:

Post a Comment