Saturday, March 14, 2020

Mario Day Celebration

We have been celebrating Mario Day for a couple of years now. I am usually able to find a Mario gingerbread castle on clearance after Christmas, so that becomes a fun activity for us on Mario Day. I also made a new photo board this year as well. New to our celebration was some Mario-theme food and mystery question boxes. 
I also start my photo board with pencil and then outline in Sharpie. Then I paint it with acrylic paint. 

For the question boxes, I a cut the flaps off the top and covered the outside of each box with tissue paper. Then we filled them with candy and gum. 

I taped another piece of tissue paper over the candy and added a question mark. 

The kids held the boxes over their heads and jumped up to hit the tissue paper, which sent the candy flying out. 


We added our Mario figures to the gingerbread castle. (The figures came from our Advent Calendar this year.) 


No comments:

Post a Comment