Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Turkey Wreath Made with Tulle

After seeing a picture of a turkey wreath on Pinterest (http://www.babyrabies.com/2012/10/thom-the-turkey-tulle-wreath-tutorial/) I decided to give it a try. 

I bought a 10-inch round styrofoam base. I covered the bottom of the styrofoam with brown yarn. (I just hot-glued the ends of the yarn to the styrofoam so it would stay in place.)
To make the beak, I cut a piece of felt and hot-glued it in a cone shape. 

I then hot-glued the beak to the yarn. I cut two pieces of red felt and glued them to the beak. Then I took two ping-pong ball size styrofoam balls, painted eyes, and glued them to the yarn. 

I bought the tulle by the yard. If you choose to do this instead of buying it in spools, you will have to fold and cut the tulle until it is about 6 inches wide and 16 inches long. I used orange, yellow, brown, and red tulle. (I had more orange and yellow). 

Because I had more orange and yellow tulle, I alternated the colors: orange, yellow, brown, orange, yellow, red, repeat. 
To tie the tulle on, you create a strategic double knot. The knot is right over left. Then left over right.(Take the right-hand side piece of the tulle and place it over the left-hand side piece of tulle. Tie it. Then take the left-hand side and put it over the right-hand side piece of tulle. Tie that.) 

 Here is the finished product on the wall.


And if all of these turkey crafts make you hungry for turkey, check out http://workingmomwonders.blogspot.com/2013/06/crockpot-turkey-breast.html for an easy crock-pot turkey dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment