Friday, November 29, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I make chocolate chip cookies all the time. They are my most requested dessert! 

For a single batch: 
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 sticks of butter-softened
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2-2 cups dark chocolate chips--I use Hershey's dark chocolate

Start by melting softening your butter in the microwave for about 30 second. It doesn't have to be completely melted--just softened. 


Add the white and brown sugar to the mixing bowl. Cream together. Add the eggs, one at a time, and then the vanilla. 
Continue to cream. 
In a separate mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda, and salt. 
I use my tsp to mix/sift the dry ingredients together. 
Slowly add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture. 
I do about four separate additions for the flour. 
Using a spatula, fold in the chocolate chips. 
Next, grease your baking pan. I use real butter for this. 
Sprinkle a little flour on the pan and pat the bottom to spread the flour around. 

Using a medium size scoop, place the cookies on the pan. (About a Tablespoon) 
Bake at 375 degrees for 8-9 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. 

When cool, store in an air-tight container. 


No comments:

Post a Comment