Thursday, July 16, 2015

Chicken Enchiladas with Ground Chicken

I usually make my chicken enchiladas with shredded chicken breasts, but we we had some ground chicken so I gave this a try. I liked this better than the shredded chicken. Keep in mind though, this recipe could be made with shredded chicken. It could also be done with beef or pork as well. 

Ingredients: 
1 pound ground chicken
1 onion, chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp parsley
1/2 teas oregano
1/2 teas pepper
1/2 teas salt
1 can tomato sauce
1/2 cup chicken broth or water
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 clove garlic
6-8 flour tortillas
1 can enchilada sauce (I only had green sauce, but I have also used red.)
1/2 cup salsa
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown your chicken in a large skillet. Drain the grease. Add the onion, 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, parsley, oregano, and pepper. Let the cheese melt. 
Stir in the salt, tomato sauce, chicken broth, chili powder, and garlic. 

Use the mixture to fill your tortillas. I filled 7 tortillas, rolled them up and placed them in a 9x13 inch pan.  Then I dumped the remaining sauce over the top of the rolled tortillas. On top of that, I dumped the can of enchilada sauce and salsa. Then topped it with the 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. 
Bake for about 20 minutes. 


They were delicious! You could top with sour cream or eat with tortilla chips as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment