Monday, March 14, 2016

Annual Pi Day Celebration

Today we had our annual Pi Day celebration, complete with Pi cheese bread, mini pies, and pi-inspired activities.

We started with our pies on a stick. I just used refrigerated dough to make these mini pies. I used homemade apple pie filling to fill the circles, crimped them together with a fork, brushed egg white over the top, sprinkled on cinnamon and sugar, poked some holes in the top, and baked them for about 12 minutes at 375 degrees. 


Then I made our regular cheese bread dough and shaped that into a pi sign. (http://workingmomwonders.blogspot.com/2014/01/snowman-cheese-bread.html)  


Next, I had the kids graph the number pi on some graph paper. (I just used scrapbook paper that had a set of lines on it. I added another set of lines to make it look like traditional graph paper.)
Then we did some patterns on pictures of circle-shaped objects. 


The last thing we did was make whole "pies" out of our fraction paper plates. 



No comments:

Post a Comment