Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Detroit Tiger Clothespin Men

We went to the Tigers game last night for David's birthday. It was the first time we sat "front row" at any game. We sat right behind the Tigers Bullpen. We thought it would be cool to give some of the players their clothespins, so we dropped them off to the bullpen workers to give to the players. Here are the ones we made: 
Phil Coke, Miguel Cabrera, and Max Scherzer

This is one we made earlier with arms. (Made from pipe cleaners.)


I made the cap out of blue cardstock. I painted on a D with a toothpick and white paint. 

I put a little piece of blue cardstock around the neck part of the clothespin. I drew on a Nike swoosh sign with the toothpick and paint. The jersey and pants are white felt hot glued around the clothespin. The belt is a piece of black felt glued on. The lines down the jersey and pants are strips of cardstock glued on. I cut out a D from the cardstock as well.

I wrote their names on a piece of contact paper and glued it on the felt. Phil Coke's goatee is made from crafting fur. 

We saw an incredible game! Tigers won 14-5! 

No comments:

Post a Comment