Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Chicken Sausage Pasta for Weight Loss

This has become my favorite go-to meal while trying to lose some weight. There are many varieties of chicken sausage; the ones pictured just happened to be the two I had when I decided to blog this. 


Ingredients for a single serving: 
1 chicken sausage
1 cup spinach, loosely chopped
3/4 cup spaghetti sauce 
Whole wheat pasta of your choice 

For the week, I boil a pound of spaghetti noodles and keep the extras in the refrigerator. 
Each night I cut one of the fully-cooked chicken sausages into pieces. (I cut the casing off of the al fresco brand because it is too tough for me.) 
Add the sausage to a frying pan. Brown the sausage for about a minute. Add the spinach and let it cook down (takes about 30 seconds). Add the spaghetti sauce to the sausage and stir. 

Add your desired amount of pasta to the frying pan and stir until warmed through.  


This meal is ready in under 5 minutes if you have your pasta boiled ahead of time. If not, it is still done in under 15 minutes. 

To change things up, I added pesto instead of spaghetti sauce some nights. 


No comments:

Post a Comment