Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Home Makerspace

After attending a conference on Makerspaces and teaching a STEM class this year, I really see the importance of getting my kids active with different types of projects that really showcase their problem solving skills and creativity. 

We have a little corner in our living room that I turned into a Makerspace. (It isn't a large area, so it is a little crowded and cluttered, but it really serves it purpose.) 


I found these I can build cards on Teachers Pay Teachers. They work really well to build inspiration. We are having a great time with the space so far. (Rachel's favorite go-to object is toilet paper rolls. David's first project was pot of gold he made out of pipe cleaners.) 


Here is one of the latest creations from the makerspace. 



No comments:

Post a Comment