Monday, August 3, 2020

Blueberry/Honey Freezer Jam

We make a lot of strawberry and raspberry freezer jam, but I wanted an option that didn't have white sugar, so I started making this blueberry honey freezer jam. I add it to my oatmeal and use it on toast for a healthier alternative. 

Ingredients: 
2 pints of fresh blueberries
2/3 cup honey
1 Tbsp lemon juice


After washing the blueberries, add them to a small, deep skillet. (Smaller surface area is better). I mash them with a potato masher. They don't all have to be mashed completely; they will cook down. 
Add the honey and lemon juice. 

Let the mixture come to a bowl. 

Stir continuously with a heat-resistant spatula. This is what it looked like after 10 minutes. 

Continue cooking until your jam has reached the consistency you would like. I cook mine for about 12-13 minutes. It is very thick when it sets up. Place in small jars and refrigerate or put in the freezer when cool. 




No comments:

Post a Comment