Sunday, May 11, 2014

Frozen Dolls Made from Clothespins


I added Sven, a sled, and some cardboard trees. I found templates for these things on this website: http://www.mrprintables.com/peg-dolls-winter-wonderland.html

The kids love that the clothespins actually stay on the sled and Sven. 
For Anna, I colored her design with Sharpie marker. I added a piece of maroon felt for the cape and blue felt for an extra skirt piece. Her hair is 8 pieces of gold yarn hot glued to the top. I braided the yarn. 
For Elsa, I colored her body with Sharpie. I added blue glitter glue to the top of her dress. I hot glued a piece of blue satin material for the skirt and a piece of light blue tulle for a cape that covered her entire body. Her hair is white yarn hot glued and braided down one side. 


The rest of the crew: 
For Kristoff, I  colored the bottom of the clothespin brown for his boots. The rest of him is colored gray with Sharpie marker. I added a gray coat made from felt. I tied a piece of maroon fleece around his coat for the tie. Then I cut little slits in the bottom of his coat to resemble the frayed edge. I added yarn for the hair and drew on a face. 

Hans actually is my first attempt at Kristoff. He looked more like Hans than Kristoff, so we just left him the way he was. If I had to do it again, I would add brown yarn for the hair instead. 

Olaf is made from styrofoam balls. I cut the top ball so it resembled the shape of Olaf's head. I drew on the eyes and mouth with a fine-point Sharpie. The nose is an orange pipe cleaner. The sticks are brown pipe cleaners. I hot glued on small black puff balls for the buttons. The styrofoam balls are stuck together with a toothpick. 
Here are some more pictures of the set. 


No comments:

Post a Comment