Friday, May 9, 2014

Vegetable Cake

Our daycare provider is allergic to gluten, so we made a fruit and veggie cake instead of a traditional birthday cake for her birthday this year. 

I started by placing a plastic bowl on a cake board. I tied a piece of ribbon around the bowl. I left a little bit of slack in the ribbon. Then I slid celery sticks inside the ribbon. (Some things I learned while doing this...You can't make the celery sticks too much higher than the bowl. If you don't put the ribbon on the bowl first, the celery will never stay standing long enough, and the end of the celery has to be as straight as possible.) After I got the celery placed, I tied another ribbon along the bottom of the sticks for more support. 
Next, I placed broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and tomatoes on top of the bowl. I cut some cucumbers and placed them around the "cake".

Here are the cakes together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment