Sunday, May 18, 2014

Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake

My aunt used to make this cake/bread for us all the time. So, when I saw a lemon cake mix the other day at the store, I knew I had to get the recipe and give it a try. 

Ingredients: 
1 lemon cake mix
1 box of instant pudding. (the original recipe calls for lemon pudding, but I only had French Vanilla, so I used that instead) 
4 eggs
1/2 cup canola oil (or unsweetened applesauce could be substituted for the oil) 
1 cup water
1/8 cup poppy seeds

Mix the cake mix, pudding, eggs, oil, and water with a hand mixer. 
Stir in the poppy seeds

Grease and flour a bundt pan (or this recipe will also fit two loaf pans).

Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool for about 5 minutes on a wire rack. 

Invert cake on the cooling rack.

Optional: Drizzle glaze over the top. (I mixed 1 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 1/2 tablespoons milk to make my glaze. For an added lemon flavor, a little lemon juice could be added to this glaze as well.) 



No comments:

Post a Comment