Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Suncatcher Turkey

Last night, a couple of my cousins brought their kids over for a craft night. One of the crafts we did was this suncatcher turkey. I started by folding a piece of brown cardstock and then drew the design shown below. I cut out the design and opened the paper. See the cut-outs in the picture below. 

Then I painted each kid's foot with brown paint. They made a footprint on white cardstock. When the paint dried, we cut out the footprint. 

Meanwhile, the kids cut little pieces out of orange, red, green, and yellow tissue paper. 

I put a piece of contact paper, sticky side up, on the table. Then we placed the brown cut-out on top of the contact paper. The kids filled in the middle with the tissue paper. Then we added another piece of contact paper to seal in the tissue paper. Cut off the extra contact paper.  To finish the turkey, the kids glued their footprint to the contact paper. Then they glued on eyes and felt for the beak and gobbler. 

I cut out different sizes of the brown cut-out depending on the size of the child. This one was for a 3-year-old. The one above was for a 6-year-old. 


No comments:

Post a Comment