Sunday, January 11, 2015

Apple Bran Muffins

I used to make these all the time when I first got married. I found the recipe in 2005 from Recipezaar. I came across the recipe again last night and decided to make them again. Everyone likes them (even the kids!) and they are only about 90 calories per muffin. 

Ingredients:
2 large apples, peeled and chopped
1 12 oz can of frozen juice (I used 100% apple cherry), thawed
1 cup water
1 1/4 cup bran flakes, crushed
2 cups wheat flour
1 cup white flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Spray two muffin tins with cooking spray. Peel and chop the apples. I used a hand chopper to save time. 

Stir 2 cups wheat flour, 1 cup white flour, 2 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, and bran flakes in a bowl. 

Add the apples. 


Add the juice and water. Stir until it is just moistened. Don't overmix. 

Scoop batter in greased muffin tins. 


Bake at 325 degrees for about 18 minutes. Remove from muffin tin and place on wire rack to cool. 



No comments:

Post a Comment