Sunday, March 29, 2015

Dog-shaped Homemade Hot Dog Buns


A friend posted these on my Facebook wall a few weeks ago. We used our own bread dough recipe and gave them a try today. They were a huge hit! 

I started with my white bread recipe. It makes two loaves of bread, so I made one loaf of bread and turned the other half of the dough into the hot dog buns. 

Ingredients for the bread: 
2 cups warm water
1/3 cup honey
1 1/2 Tbsp yeast
2 tsp salt
6 3/4 cup flour

I let the dough double after I had it mixed. Then I divided it in half. I let half of it rise in a loaf pan. I made nine dough balls with the remaining bread dough. I placed them on a baking stone and covered them with wet paper towels for about 15 minutes. 


Then I shaped the dough balls into ovals. I cut two slits in each oval with a knife and let the dough rise (covered with a towel). I let it rise for about 20 minutes. 


Then I cut little slits in the dough and placed a black bean in the slit for the eyes and nose. 


I baked them for 12 minutes on 350 degrees. 


Then I cut a slit with a serrated knife and placed a cooked hot dog in the "mouth". 


No comments:

Post a Comment