Thursday, April 30, 2015

Detroit Tiger Birthday Cake


For this cake, I made two 10 x 10 inch cakes and put one on top of the other. (I colored the white cake blue and orange for an added feature.) I rolled out a large piece of blue marshmallow fondant. Then I added a strip of white around the bottom of the cake. I put a smaller strip of orange in the middle of the blue and white. 

Then I twisted orange and blue fondant and made that the border around the cake. I just freehand drew an Old English D and placed that on the cake. The trick was to cut it on my fondant mat and place a piece of wax paper over top of it. The D feel on top of the wax paper. Then I was able to transfer the D by turning the wax paper over on top of the cake. 


The finishing touch was making four baseballs out of leftover fondant. I placed them on the corners of the cake. 


No comments:

Post a Comment