Monday, April 20, 2015

Detroit Tiger Rice Krispie Treats

Today was snack day for David, so we thought it would be fitting to take in something to fit our Detroit Tiger theme for April. 

We made these snacks earlier in the year for the Superbowl and they were a big hit, so we just changed the jersey color and the numbers. 

I started by making a double batch of Rice Krispie treats. I pressed them into a greased sheet cake pan. Then I cut them into 25 treats. I spread on white melted chocolate to represent the jersey. Then I wrote on an Old English D and the number of all the players on the active roster. I put a little bit of melted chocolate on the back of a vanilla wafer and attached it to the top of each treat. Using a food marker, I drew on a face. (Because of lack of time, I didn't add all the features to the shirt that I could have, but the kids still liked them!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment