Thursday, August 14, 2014

Firework Cupcakes

The Michigan Library Summer Reading Program theme this summer was "Spark a Reaction". Our library decided to use this theme and incorporate fireworks into all of the decorations. For the end-of-the-program party, we decided to make these firework cupcakes for all of the kids.

To start, I melted colored chocolate discs in the microwave. I filled one of my frosting decorating tools with the melted chocolate and topped it with a large line tip. 

I covered a cookie sheet with wax paper. Then I placed lollipop sticks on the wax paper. (I bought these at a bulk food store that sells candy molds.) 
I made a circle at the top of the lollipop mold with the chocolate. Then I drew lines coming out of the center. I covered most of the stick with the chocolate as well.  Then, I put sprinkles on top of the chocolate. Make sure you put the sprinkles on immediately after making each individual firework because the chocolate sets fast. 
I placed the cookie sheet in the freezer for about 5 minutes. When they were fully set, I moved them to a piece of wax paper on my countertop and repeated the process on the cookie sheet with other colors. 


I frosted cupcakes and placed sprinkles on them. Then I stuck in the firework stick to give it a 3D look. 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment