Sunday, February 1, 2015

Mini Corn Dogs

I found this recipe on Pinterest and decided we would make Corn "Pups" for the Puppy Bowl.: http://www.momontimeout.com/2013/08/easy-homemade-kid-friendly-mini-corn-dogs/

They turned out really well! I used peanut oil so they look a little darker than they would if you use vegetable oil, but I really like the flavor of the peanut oil. 

Ingredients: 
1/2 cup cornmeal
7 Tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1 Tbsp honey
hot dogs
oil for frying

Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix the egg, honey, and milk in a separate bowl and add it to the dry ingredients. Whisk until it is fully incorporated. I cut my hot dogs in half and put a wooden stick through them. 


Dip each hot dog in the batter and fry in oil that has been heated to 375 degrees. Mine cooked for about 2 minutes before they were fully cooked. 




No comments:

Post a Comment