Sunday, July 21, 2013

Quick Anniversary Cake

I wanted to make my parents a cake for their anniversary, but didn't have a ton of time, so I came up with this quick cake. I decorated it with my perfect cupcake frosting: http://workingmomwonders.blogspot.com/2013/05/perfect-cupcake-frosting.html


All I did was make a red velvet box cake. I put the batter in two 8"round cake pans. After baking and cooling, I leveled one of the cake tops and used that for the bottom cake. I put frosting between the two cakes and the outsides.
Using my large cupcake swirl tip, I made some red and white frosting swirls. I wrote Happy Anniversary in red frosting with a writing tip and added a heart. It didn't even take 5 minutes to decorate this cake. The frosting and red velvet cake mixed together perfectly! 


No comments:

Post a Comment