Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Birthday Cake for Those in Heaven

Every year we celebrate my husband's dad's birthday. He passed away in 2005 and never got a chance to meet two of our children.  To keep his memory alive and share the stories about him, we have a birthday party on his birthday.

I wanted to make a special cake this year, so I decided to create a sky cake with a message in the clouds. The cake is two 9" round cake pans stacked on top of each other.

To create a rainbow, I used colored sprinkles and sugar I had on hand. The blue frosting is aqua blue from Pillsbury. It comes already colored.

To give it a cloud effect, I wrote the words using a plastic bag. I just cut the tip off a corner of the sandwich bag. I piped on some clouds using the plastic bag as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment