Thursday, March 7, 2013

Pot o'Activities- Days 5 and 6

Day 5: Green Bubble Bath

I didn't take any pictures of this, but it was really easy to do. I dropped a couple drops of food coloring in the tub. Don't put too much in or it will color their skin. I have found tinting drops for the bathtub at Wal-Mart if you are hesitant to color the water with food coloring.



Day 6: Painting Shamrock Ornaments
I found some 50-cent wooden shamrocks at Hobby Lobby for this craft. I only had two though, so if you can't find these, you can just do what I did with Rachel's. Her ornament is just a piece of paper with a shamrock traced on it. We cut the shamrock out when she was done. (Makes less of a mess too!) I really believe that having some good washable finger-paint is a must in all houses with kids. They love to explore the textures and to see what they can create using their hands. My kids treasure these "masterpieces" they can call their own. And they really do clean up pretty easily. Just have a washcloth ready! I use a little paper plate to put their paint colors on. This will also help lessen the mess.


No comments:

Post a Comment