Monday, March 4, 2013

Teacher Luncheon Decorations

I attended a Ladies Luncheon yesterday with some of my colleagues. The leader for each of the tables had to come up with a theme for their group. Because we are/were all teachers, my friend, Corinne, decided to find things that pertained to teaching to decorate our table. (I thought our table was the best decorated, so I had to share all of the ideas.)

First she created a pencil centerpiece (stacked on Literature books, of course).

Next, she made crayon jars filled with goodies (they doubled as a take-home gift for each attendee.) The crayons are hot-glued around a mason jar and tied with ribbon.

My kids are now using it as a storing device for their own crayons.

The placemats are pieces of construction paper and bulletin board border laminated together.

If you look at the top of the placemat below, you will also see a pencil. The pencils were made for each of the guests using a package of Spree candy and a Hershey kiss. The pencil part is covered with tan/yellow construction paper, and the eraser is covered with pink construction paper.
 
My contribution to the event was apple cupcakes.
These were incredibly easy to make...
I found red cupcake liners at Wal-Mart. I used a red velvet cake mix for the cupcake part.
I colored cream cheese frosting with red food gel and piped it on the cupcake using a sandwich bag. The stem is a green apple pull-apart Twizzler, and the leaf is frosting tinted green. (I piped that on using a leaf tip and a plastic bag.) The apple part is sprinkled with red sugar and the leaf is sprinkled with green sugar to help it stand out more.
 
This was such a fun event and a great chance to catch up with some of my best friends. Corinne did a wonderful job creating a "Teacher" theme for us at our table. (If it was a competition, I am sure our table would have won 1st place!)

No comments:

Post a Comment