Friday, March 29, 2013

Winnie the Pooh Cake and Hunny Pot

For my daughter's first birthday, we decided to decorate with a Winnie the Pooh theme. I found an old Winnie the Pooh cake pan for the big cake. I star-tipped the frosting on the cake.I did this cake in sections. I took breaks after each color. (Your hand will get tired!) For the writing and outlining, I placed frosting in a ziploc bag and cut one of the corners off and piped it on that way.

For the "hunny" pot, I used cupcakes. I shaved the top of two cupcakes off so they were level. I then turned one cupcake upside down and placed it on the other cupcake. I "glued" them together with frosting. Then I covered both cupcakes with blue-tinted frosting. I placed yellow frosting on the top to resemble the honey, and then wrote on the outside of the cupcakes.

We let my daughter dig into the "hunny" pot, and still had a cake for everyone else to eat. She loved it!



No comments:

Post a Comment