Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Chicken Marsala

This Chicken Marsala recipe is easy and tastes a lot like the Chicken Marsala at Olive Garden. 

Ingredients:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt 
pepper
1 tsp oregano
4 chicken breasts
4 Tbsp Olive oil
1 cup Marsala wine
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms

Place the flour, salt, pepper, and oregano in a bowl. (I only had frozen chicken breasts. Thawed chicken would take less time, but the frozen worked fine if that is all you have.) I ran the chicken breasts under water and then dredged them in the flour mixture. 
I placed the oil in a skillet and let it heat up. Cook the chicken for 3-5 minutes on both sides. I then added the wine and covered the skillet. I let it simmer for about 10 minutes. 

Then I added the mushrooms, flipped the chicken over, and covered the skillet again. Let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked. 

I served this with oven baked potatoes (http://workingmomwonders.blogspot.com/2014/01/oven-baked-potatoes.html) and steamed asparagus.  My husband ate his over brown rice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment