Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Eve Balloon Countdown for Kids

For New Year's I would much rather stay home and have fun with my kids. To make things exciting, I found some ideas on Pinterest and put them all together to make our own Balloon Activity Countdown. 

I started by making a list of all the activities I wanted to do with them. Then I assigned each activity a time. 
4:00 Paper Plate Clock
4:30 Make Cupcakes
5:00 Make Party Hats
5:45 Decorate Cupcakes
6:15 Dinner
7:00 Family Movie
8:00 Visit My Concession Stand for Movie Intermission
9:00 New Year's Questionnaire
9:15 Time Capsule Ornament
9:30 Sparklers
10:05 Toilet Paper Roll Fireworks
10:30 Make a Confetti Launcher
11:00 Make a Hand/Year Craft
12:00 (or whenever they are ready to crash) Balloon Drop and Toast

I wrote the activities on a piece of paper and cut up the strips. I folded up a strip and put it in a balloon. 

Then I blew the balloon up and wrote the time on the outside of the balloon. 
I tied a  piece of yarn around each balloon and taped them to a section of our wall. At the time stated on each balloon, we will pop it and find the next activity. 


I am going to give the kids $5 worth of Monopoly money to spend at my concession stand. Here is a list of what they can buy. 
$1.00 Orange Crush
$1.00 Sports Blast
50 cents-Doritos
$1.00 Popcorn
$1.00 Puppy Chow
50 cents-Pick from the candy grab bag
$1.00 A Smore
25 cents-a piece of fruit
50 cents-Goldfish
50 cents-Applesauce

No comments:

Post a Comment